(DRP) AIRsteril Washroom Thermal Range
Improving the air quality in your restrooms will not only clear odours but improve the healthcare of your staff and visitors. The AIRsteril Thermal U/V Washroom Range eliminates unpleasant washroom odours and controls harmful bacteria and viruses both in the air and on all exposed surfaces 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Odours and infections are created by bacteria, viruses, mould, fungi and volatile organic compounds in the air and on surfaces, which quickly can accumulate in washrooms and reach harmful levels. With every flush, toilets and urinals force faecal microorganisms into the air, settling on washroom surfaces, poor ventilation, shared facilities and people who do not wash their hands properly all add to the hygiene problem.
How the System Works
The AIRsteril washroom units utilise our unique combination of 5 technologies. They eliminate unpleasant washroom odours and control harmful bacteria and viruses both in the air and on all exposed surfaces 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
The custom designed thermal convection system ensures that contaminated air processed through the unit achieves optimum dwell time in the purifying chamber. As the processed air leaves the unit, it then itself becomes an efficient cleaning agent. With minimal maintenance and low energy consumption of 10w, the units provide constant clean, fresh sanitised washroom air. With no filters to change, and minimal maintenance, they provide a green solution lifting washroom hygiene for all users.
- Control bacteria and viruses in the air and on all exposed surfaces.
- Improve infection control and hygiene standards.
- Reduce absenteeism and labour costs.
- Improve the environment and protect residents, staff, patents and visitors alike.
- Clear embarrassing odours, eliminate masking agents.
- Extend the life of carpets and soft furnishings to normal wear life.
- Improve the care home image and increase occupancy rates.
History of AIRSteril Technology Ultraviolet light was discovered in the late 19th century. There are several types of UV, UV-A and UV-B occur naturally from the sun’s rays, AIRsteril technology generates UV-C otherwise known as ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI). UGVI is effective in destroying the nucleic acids in microorganisms so that their DNA is disrupted by the UV radiation, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions.
- Germicidal Irradiation
- PCO – Photocatalytic Oxidation
- Dual waveband UV
Transmitted Technology (Plasma Quatro):
- Superoxide Ions
- Targeted Ozone
- Purified Air
- Germicidal Irradiation by dual UV light (Ultraviolet) kills microorganisms (bacteria, viruses and mould) by disrupting their DNA and removing their reproductive capabilities.
- PCO – Photocatalytic Oxidation, UV reacts with our Catalyst (Ti02) to form highly reactive but short-lived oxidising Hydroxyl Radicals (OH) which break down Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- Interaction of the dual UV wavebands with the TiO2 heterogeneous catalyst both creates and breaks down Oxygen molecules transforming Oxygen into a highly reactive state of Ozone and Superoxide Ions which leave the unit as “Plasma Quatro”.
- The negatively charged Superoxide Ions charge airborne contaminants causing them to cluster together and fall from the air as they become too heavy, aiding all other processes. This can remove airborne particulates down to 0.0001 microns, that’s better than any HEPA filter.
- Targeted Ozone produced via the specialist lamp gets the hardest to the hardest to reach areas breaking down contamination in the air and on exposed surfaces. Ozone damages the cell wall of microorganisms stopping reproduction and destroying the cell.
400 mm (l) x 125 mm (w) x 90 mm (d)
220-230V 10 watts (via 13a switched fused spur)
Vertical wall mounting only. Easy marking and fixing at four points.
Polycarbonate Moulding – Available in white or chrome look finish.
Continuous, indicated by blue lamp.